Call for Workshops
Call for Workshop Proposals for CP-AI-OR 2015 – One-page Proposals Due Friday, January 16, 2015.
The CP-AI-OR 2015 Program Chair invites proposals for workshops which will take place on May 18, 2015.
All workshops will take place on May 18, 2015 at the site of the main conference. Workshops can follow a half-day or a full-day format. The details of the organization of each workshop are left to its organizers.
Workshop proposals are due Friday, January 16, 2015 and should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each workshop proposal should be one-page in length and include the following information:
- Title and abstract giving the goals and scope of the workshop
- Description of the target audience
- List of tentative speakers and / or attendees (if available)
- History of the workshop if this is not the first instance
- Relevant experience of the organizing committee
- Tentative organizing committee members (at least 2 to 3 members)
- Contact information for the organizer.
Responsibilities of the Workshop Organizers
The workshop organizers are responsible for:
- Creating and distributing a call-for-participation and any other relevant advertising. The calls should make it clear that participants will have to present the topics and must attend the Workshop. The call should clearly describe the review and selection process. Finally, the calls must be framed to encourage as broad a participation as possible.
- Creating and publishing (in a timely manner) a website with all the relevant information pertaining to the workshop which will be linked to from the main conference website.
- Providing an extended abstract for the conference program.
- Reviewing and selecting presentation submissions.
- Scheduling the presentations within the workshop
It should be noted that the conference organization does not budget for free registration, accommodation or travel expenses for the workshop organizers or their invited speakers. The workshop organizers should therefore secure any source of funding / sponsorship deemed necessary for their invited speakers.
Responsibilities of the CP-AI-OR 2015 Organizing Committee
The conference organization is responsible for:
- Providing publicity for the workshop program as a whole
- Providing logistics at the conference venue (meeting room, coffee breaks, etc.)
- Coordinating the allocation of time blocks for each workshop
- Coordinating the distribution of the workshop proceedings (i.e., online via links from the main conference website).
- Collect the workshop dues covering the costs of space, breaks and distributed documents.
- The CP-AI-OR 2015 Publicity Chair will take care of CFP distributions and publicity of the conference.
Workshop Attendance Cost
The cost of attending the workshops will be included in the cost of the conference. A separate (lower) cost will be charged should an individual choose to attend only the workshop and the masters class which is associated with the conference.
All proposals should be sent electronically to the Program Chair (Laurent D. Michel).
CP-AI-OR 2015 Program Chair
Laurent D. Michel